The identification card for OFWs who are active members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) was finally released. It is referred to as OFW e-Card. This identification card can also be used as an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for OFWs who exits the country.

It was the first to launch last November 2018 and over the past few months, it is expected that with the use of it, the transaction of different government agencies will be a lot smoother and faster. It can also be used to waive fees like terminal and travel tax fees.

To be able to apply for an OFW e-Card, you need these requirements:

  • Valid Passport
  • Valid OEC
  • Active OWWA Membership

OFWs are reminded that the OFW e-Card is free of charge. You just need to fill up the required form through the OWWA website and get the OFW card at the OWWA Regional Welfare Office as per your convenience.

TAKE NOTE: This OFW e-Card is yet to be available for newly hired OFWs because it is still on its first phase of implementation. OWWA will announce an update as to the release of this ID card to all OFWs.

Over time, it is expected that more advantages will be available to OFWs who will get their OFW card. Returnee OFWs are also advised to acquire their ID card if they come home to the Philippines for vacation

Now follow below instruction.

Visit OWWA website




 The e-mail address should be to monitor your card visiting here to check for the delivery status 







We encourage all readers to share their views on our articles and blog posts. We are committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion, so we ask you to avoid personal attacks, and please keep your comments relevant and respectful.