A dog owner never thought that the toy she bought for her dog would bring disaster to her beloved dog.

Image Source “Facebook

According to Indira Tuckler, she bought a rope toy for her golden retriever and it looks “extremely sturdy and impossible to destroy”.

However, the supposed “sturdy” rope turned out to be low quality and eventually costs the life of her golden retriever. Tuckler left the rope toy with her dogs as they enjoying playing it. However, to her horror, she returned to a shredded rope.

Image Source “Facebook

“I quickly threw them away hoping none of the dogs swallowed the pieces. Unfortunately one of our dogs was not so lucky,” Tuckler wrote on Facebook.

The poor golden retriever swallowed small pieces of the rope and it eventually went down to her digestive system. Soon, the rope pieces tore holes in her digestive system while she tries to pass it.

Image Source “Facebook

Veterinarians were able to remove three feet of rope from her inside and parts of her intestine were also removed. Unfortunately, the damage cost her life.

“We did not even have the option of having another surgery,” Tuckler said.

Image Source “Facebook

“She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach. The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later,” she added.

Tuckler also said that linear objects are considered the most dangerous things that a dog can ever swallow.

“This was a senseless and avoidable death. These items should not be sold for dogs.”

Dangerous rope toys! Beware!!Warning to all dog owners! I purchased several rope toy balls for my dogs at Home…

Posted by Indira Tuckler on Thursday, February 28, 2019

YOUR COMMENTS

We encourage all readers to share their views on our articles and blog posts. We are committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion, so we ask you to avoid personal attacks, and please keep your comments relevant and respectful.