If you are an OFW dependent who is also an incoming freshmen student, you may want to apply to the OWWA Scholarship Program or the OFW Dependents Scholarship Program (ODSP).
It is important to note that not all OFW dependents are qualified to apply as your parent or sibling should have a maximum of 600 USD monthly salary or lower. This is also a First Come, First Serve basis.
Here are the Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a child of married OFW or sibling of single OFW with ACTIVE OWWA Membership
- Must be 21 years old or below
- Must be dependent of an OWWA member with a monthly salary of 600 USD or below
- Must reside in Region 2
- Must enroll in any school in region 2 only
- Secure an application form which will be available starting April 22, 2019, at OWWA Regional Welfare Office Tuguegarao, OWWA Sub-Office Ilagan City, OSSCO Santiago City, DOLE-Quirino, and DOLE Vizcaya
- 2 x 2 ID Picture (2 copies)
- Proof of relationship to OWWA Member (This can be NSO-certified birth certificate and Certificate of no marriage if the OFW is single)
- A certified true copy of High School Form 137
- Health Certificate – Form 2A
- Certificate of Good Moral Character – Form 2B
- Certification stating that applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the High School Graduation Class and the GWA average is above 80% of the Grade 12 report card
- Contract Salary of OFW that should not exceed 600 USD
Applicants need to apply before the deadline on May 31, 2019, as these are only limited slots available.