A Filipino man supposedly going to Saudi Arabia to work passed away following a fire that started in a boarding house in Sta. Cruz, Manila.
According to Super Radyo DZBB, a certain Ali Jarganta already escaped the burning house but decided to return inside to save her passport from the fire.
However, he failed to get out and was burnt alive. The remains of the 31-year-old man were found by the Bureau of Fire Protection officials after the declared a fire out.
Another victim was found but her identity remains unknown. However, police officers received a missing person report for a certain Jay Saavedra, 31-years old. It is said that Saavedra and Jarganta both worked as drivers.
The fire took place at arounf 7:10 in the evening that reached the second alarm. It was only put out at 9:07 in the evening.
Fire Bureau officials are still investigating the cause of fire as well as the estimated cost of damage.
It is important to remember these things when there’s fire:
- Stay calm, don’t panic
- Get out of the building/house as quick as possible
- Smoke rises. As much as possible, stay low or crawl so you can breathe easier
- Do not return or stop to collect valuables
- Find a safe place outside and wait for the fire fighters to arrive
- If you think that someone is still inside, tell the firefighters and never do the rescue on your own