As passengers, you are obliged to follow airport rules when traveling in or outside the country. As for the United Arab Emirates, here are some of the things that are not allowed to carry inside your luggage.
Items That Are Not Allowed Inside Your Luggage
- Narcotic Drugs
- Goods from boycotted countries
- Goods from Israel (or those that bears Israeli logos and trademarks)
- Crude tools
- Rhinoceros horn
- Gambling tools and machines
- Three layers of fishing nets
- Original engravings, statues, prints, sculptures, and lithographs
- Inlaid, used and reconditioned tires
- Radiation polluted substances
- Anything that implies immorality or turmoil
- Goods or products prohibited as per UAE customs and laws
- Forged and duplicate currency
- Cooked and home-made foods
Rules for Check-in Luggage
Dubai Airports implement regulations allowing two pieces of baggage for international flights, with weight, totaled at 32kg. However, this regulation might be affected as per the type of airline. Baggage must also have a single flat surface. Oversized baggage will not be accepted.
Rules For Hand Luggage
Two pieces of hand luggage are usually accepted by airlines – a shoulder bag (backpack, purse, laptop bag) and a small cabin bag. Cabin bags must have a maximum length of 56 cm, depth of 25 cm, and a width of 45 cm.
Rules When Carrying Liquids
Liquids must be packed in a re-sealable and clear plastic bag. It should be placed inside your hand baggage. Liquids must not exceed 100ml.