Hong Kong is home to 130,000 Filipinos, most of which are working as domestic helpers. These OFWs do not have to return to the Philippines to get their passports renewed. All they have to do is follow these steps and accomplish the requirements.
Requirements For Passport Renewal in Hong Kong
- Fully-accomplished ePassport application form
- Original passport
- Passport data page (photocopy)
- Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card (Original and Photocopy)
- ePassport Appointment Slip (Printed)
Steps On Passport Renewal in Hong Kong
- Download the ePassport application form.
- Fill out the ePassport application form with your personal details.
- Email the form to email@example.com. In your email, make sure to include the preferred date and time of the renewal. You will then receive a confirmation message from the Consulate together with your ePassport appointment slip and schedule of renewal. Print it out for your reference.
- On your scheduled appointment, go to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong and bring the printed appointment slip as well as the requirements. The documents you presented will undergo evaluation. After that, you will have your photo taken as well as with your biometrics.
- Please prepare HKD480 for the payment of the passport renewal.
- It will take as long as six weeks to claim the passport. You can go to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong during pick up but don’t forget to bring your old passport because it needs to be canceled. If you can’t go to the Consulate for pick up, you can assign an immediate family member to pick up your passport. You just need to prepare an authorization letter.
Where To Renew Passport in Hong Kong
The Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong is situated at:
14/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong (nearest MTR station: Admiralty Exit C).
Contact Information: 2823-8535 / 2823-8514 /
Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.