In the interest of the service, the Department of Labor and Employment (the department) shall provide displace OFWs on account of COVID19 with a one-time financial assistance (DOLE-AKAP) of USD200.00 or PhP10,000 or its equivalent to the local currency of the host country.
In this regard, the Department hereby promulgates the following Guidelines on the availment of the DOLE-AKAP program by OFWs to ensure its effective and streamlined implementation.
This Department Order generally covers the following:
Regular / Documented OFW, as defined in the 2016 Revised POE Rules and Regulations refer to those:
- Who possesses a valid passport and appropriate visa or permit to stay and work in the receiving country; and
- Whose contract of employment has been processed by the POEA or the POLO.
Qualified Undocumented OFW:
- Who were originally regular or documented workers but for some reason or cause have thereafter lost their regular or documented status;
- Who are not registered with the POEA or whose contract were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but have undertaken actions to regularize their contract status; or
- Who are not registered with the POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but are active OWWA members at the time of availing.
Balik-Manggagawa who are unable to return to the host country in view of host country lockdown due to COVID19.
The following shall be eligible for the DOLE-AKAP:
- Those who have experienced job displacement due to the receiving country’s imposition of lockdown or community quarantine or having been infected by the disease;
- Must be still at overseas job sites, or in the Philippines as Balik-Manggagawa, or already repatriated to the Philippines; and
- Must not receive any financial support/assistance from the receiving countries/employers.
PRIORITY COUNTRIES / TERRITORIES FOR ONSITE OFWs
The Department shall provide financial assistance to qualified OFWs from the following countries with Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) presence and/or are heavily affected by COVID19:
Middle East and Africa
- Libya Macau
- Saudi Arabia,
- United Arab Emirates
Asia and the Pacific
3. Hong Kong
9.Kingdom of Malaysia
Europe and Americas
- United Kingdom of Great Britain
- United States of America
FOR ON-SITE OFWs
- OFWs shall submit the following to the POLOs: ( of your host country, the location where you at.)
- Accomplished Application Form for Special Cash Assistance downloadable at the POLOs’ website/social media account ( Download Here )
- Copy of Passport or Travel Document;
- Proof of overseas employment i.e valid verified overseas employment OEC, residence I.Ds, visa/re-entry visa, among others or permit to stay in the receiving country;
- Proof of loss of employment on account of COVID19; and
- For OFWs who became undocumented through no fault of their own, proof that the OFW is currently involved in an ongoing case (e.g. case reference number, case endorsement stamped by POLO, among others).
- After submission of complete documents, POLOs shall evaluate application within 5 working days and notify OFWs on the status of his/her application within 5 working days.
- If approved, the concerned POLO shall release the USD200.00 through bank transfer/money remittance.
FOR OFWS WHO HAVE BEEN REPATRIATED / BALIK-MANGGAGAWA
- OFWs who have been repatriated to the Philippines and Balik-Manggagawa shall submit the following to the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices (RWOs);
- Accomplished Application Form for Special Cash Assistance downloadable at the ( dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph) ; ( sorry this not reachable / attention dole )
- Copy of Passport or Travel Document;
- Proof of Overseas employment i.e valid verified overseas employment, OEC, residence I.Ds, visa/re-entry visa, among others or permit to stay in the receiving country; and
- Proof of loss of employment on account of COVID19.
- After submission of complete documents, RWOs shall evaluate the application within 5 working days and notify OFWs on the status of his/her application within 5 working days.
- If approved, the concerned DOLE Regional Office shall release the PhP10,000.00 through money remittance / Peso Net.
The funds for the DOLE-AKAP including other administrative expenses of Central and Regional operations to be incurred in the implementation of this program shall be sourced from the DOLE COVID19 Adjustment Measures Program (DOLE-CAMP) in the amount of PhP1.5 Billion.
This Department Order shall take effect immediately.
FOR STEPS JUST FOLLOW BELOW