Previously, it was announced that Filipino workers under the ‘no work no pay’ scheme are not included in the financial assistance of the government. However, recently, the decision was changed and these Filipinos will now receive the much-anticipated financial assistance from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), confirmed by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Dubai.
According to the announcement, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who are permanently or temporarily displaced because of the COVID-19 pandemic are qualified to avail (Dh730) or PhP10,000 financial assistance from “DOLE-AKAP for OFWs”.
- Regular/documented OFWs
- Has a valid passport, visa or permit to stay/work in the receiving country
- Has employment contract processed by POEA/POLO
- Qualified Undocumented OFWs
- Originally regular but lost their status for some reasons
- Not registered with POEA or those contracts not processed by POLO or POEA but did actions to regularize their contracts/status
- Not registered with POEA or those contracts not processed by POLO or POEA but active OWWA members
- Balik-Manggagawa unable to return abroad due to lockdowns caused by COVID-19.
- OFWs who encountered job displacement due to the imposition of lockdown or community quarantine
- Must remain at the overseas job sites / in the Philippines as Balik-Mangaggawa, or repatriated Filipinos
- Did not receive any financial assistance/support from their employers/countries
If you think you are eligible for this financial assistance, you can check the POLO-Dubai website at www.polodubaiportal.org and fill-up the form. Attach it afterward together with the requirements.