Recently, the swabbing operations of the Philippine Red Cross were put on hold due to their conflict with PhilHealth. Because of this, it is expected that the return of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) will get delayed once again.
Previously, returning OFWs simply go through the computerized application of the Red Cross when applying for COVID-19 swabbing. But now, the coast guard is the ones who are manually doing this job and it is very time-consuming.
“Bago pa lang pumupunta dito ang OFW galing sa ibang bansa ay may pinipirmahan na sila galing sa Red Cross. Pagdating dito sa coast guard, i-check and pagkatapos nun, isa-swab,” says Commo. Armand Balilo, spokesman of the Philippine Coast Guard.
They also think that the previous problem of delays in the processing of swab tests will reoccur soon since it is not computerized.
It was earlier reported that the Philippine Red Cross will stop its operations in processing the swab test for OFWs, government workers, and individuals included in the guidelines of DOH until PhilHealth pays for their almost a billion overdue balance from the Red Cross.
“This will remain until the overdue balance of P930,993,000 is paid by PhilHealth,” says Sen. Richard Gordon, chairman of the Philippine Red Cross.
The fund is greatly needed by the Philippine Red Cross so they can continue their operations. They are also not demanding the entire amount but only a substantial amount for their swabbing activity to continue.
Meanwhile, the head of Philhealth promised that they will pay their dues to the Philippine Red Cross as soon as possible.
Namemeligrong lalong maantala ang pag-uwi ng mga OFW dahil bumagal ang proseso mula nang itigil ng Red Cross ang pagtanggap ng swab test ng mga miyembro ng PhilHealth.Hindi kasi umano nababayaran ng PhilHealth ang halos P1 bilyong utang nito sa Red Cross para sa swab testing.Panoorin ang #TVPatrolLive ngayong araw, Oktubre 16, 2020Facebook: bit.ly/31d4XMoYouTube: bit.ly/3lUI7Bg
Posted by TV Patrol on Friday, October 16, 2020